Next to God, family, and exercising, I think breads, especially sweet breads, makes me happier than anything else. I love a moist, delicious slice of zucchini bread, pumpkin bread, almond poppyseed bread, almost any kind of bread.
I loved this pumpkin-cranberry bread so much I did not want to share it with my kids. I wanted the whole loaf to myself. To hide away in a very high cupboard for late at night, after everyone was asleep, while I watch my favorite shows (Law and Order, The Office, SNL). To eat slowly, without distraction and with full enjoyment. But I could not hide the aroma as the kids walked through the door after school. They were as excited as I was, so I gave in and shared.
This Pumpkin Cranberry Bread Recipe had the perfect blend of sugar and spice, with a burst of cranberry at just the right moment.
Pumpkin Cranberry Bread
- 1 none cooking spray
- 1 cup flour, all-purpose
- 3/4 cup flour, whole wheat
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large egg
- 1 1/2 cup pumpkin, canned
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup cranberries, dried
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Mix flours, baking soda, nutmeg, salt, and cinnamon in a small bowl; set aside.
- Whisk together sugars and egg in a separate bowl. Add pumpkin and oil, blend well. Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients; stir just until combined. Fold in cranberries.
- Pour into loaf pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until knife comes out clean.