20 minute Garlic Shrimp
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place bite size pieces of cauliflower and broccoli on a baking sheet. Drizzle with a tablespoon of olive oil. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until veggies are soft when pierced with a fork.
- While veggies roast, prepare rice as directed on package and then begin to heat remaining oil in large skillet over medium-high. Mince garlic and set aside. Then place shrimp in skillet in one layer as best as possible and allow to cook for 1 minute. Add garlic and stir for 1 minute.
- Add lemon juice, butter and parsley; allow butter to melt by continuously stirring. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes, shrimp will become pink and butter will begin to thicken. Remove shrimp with a fork or slotted spoon, leaving butter behind.
- With remaining butter mixture left in skillet, add a teaspoon of water and stir to thicken mixture, cooking for 1 minute longer.
- Serve shrimp over rice, drizzled with butter sauce. Serve roasted veggies on the side, and also with fresh grapes. (Serving size: 1 cup veggies, 1/2 cup rice, 1/2 cup grapes, 4-6 shrimps)
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie