- 1 none cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 medium bell pepper, orange
- 1 medium bell pepper, yellow
- 2 pound beef, ground, 90% lean
- 1 cup bread crumbs, plain
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 medium apple
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Drizzle olive oil in a skillet and heat over medium. Finely chop onion and peppers and add to skillet. Cook for 6-8 minutes until softened. Remove from heat and allow to slightly cool.
- Pour veggies into a bowl and add meat, bread crumbs, egg, yogurt, chopped cilantro, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Mix thoroughly. (At this point, it may work best if you use your hands).
- Drop mixture onto baking sheet and shape into a 12X4 inch loaf.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour until beef is no longer pink and a cooking thermometer reads 160°F.
- Serve with sliced apples and leftover potatoes from Tuesday.
Calories: 307kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 658mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 13g