Start your morning off with this is simple festive breakfast that everyone will love! Whole grain oatmeal is topped with fresh berries in a patriotic pattern.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup oats, dry
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons butter or coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon honey or pure maple syrup
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- Combine water, oats, vanilla, and salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Cook for about 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until most of the water is absorbed. Stir in butter and honey until butter is melted and sweetener is thoroughly mixed in.
- Pour into individual bowls. Top with blueberries around the edge of the bowl and sliced strawberries shaped like a star in the middle.