- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms, portabella
- 2 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 1 cup milk
- 8 ounce penne pasta, dry
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 2 cup spinach
- 2 cup grapes
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces; season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium. Add chicken and chopped mushrooms. Allow to cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring to brown all sides. Set aside covered.
- Add broth, salsa verde, milk and pasta to skillet. Boil, cover, and reduce heat to low; simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Check pasta to be sure it has finished cooking, then add chicken and mushrooms back to skillet. Stir in the cheese; cover and cook for 2 minutes, allowing cheese to melt. Remove from heat; stir in spinach and allow to wilt for 1 minute. Serve with grapes on the side.
Calories: 431kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 76mg | Sodium: 635mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 13g