- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 8 ounce lasagna noodles, dry
- 6 ounce mozzarella cheese
- 6 ounce ricotta cheese, part skim milk
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 large egg
- 12 ounce beef, ground, 95% lean
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 medium tomato, red
- 3 cup spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 cup grapes
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Remove butter from refrigerator to soften. Cook lasagna noodles as directed on package to al dente; drain and set aside. Shred mozzarella cheese.
- In a medium bowl, add ricotta, 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella, softened butter, oregano, minced garlic and egg. Blend well and set aside.
- Heat a large, nonstick skillet over medium. Add beef and black pepper. Stir to crumble and cook until no longer pink. Drain off excess fat and return to heat. Chop tomato and add to beef along with marinara sauce.
- In an 11X9 inch baking dish, add a small amount of beef mixture to the bottom of pan to prevent sticking. Layer with lasagna noodles, meat sauce, noodles, ricotta mixture, noodles, then sauce again. Top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Coat aluminum foil with cooking spray and cover lasagna (this prevents cheese from sticking to foil); bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes or until bubbly. Remove from oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes before cutting into 6-8 pieces.
- Serve lasagna with chilled grapes on the side.
Calories: 472kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 103mg | Sodium: 897mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 16g