- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon parsley, dried
- 8 medium chicken drumsticks
- 2 large sweet potato
- 1 pound asparagus
- 2 cup blackberries
- It is best to prepare this the day before. Mix together the olive oil, oregano, thyme, paprika, salt, pepper, minced garlic, lemon juice, and parsley. Place chicken into a Ziplock bag and add marinade. Close bag and gently shake to evenly coat. Place bag in the refrigerator for at least 30-60 minutes, preferably overnight.
- Preheat outdoor grill. Individually wrap sweet potatoes in foil.
- Place chicken and potatoes onto hot grill. Allow chicken to cook, 30-40 minutes, until browned and meat has begun to separate from the bone. Be sure the juices run clear. Cook sweet potatoes until soft. Wrap asparagus in foil and toss onto grill during the last 5-6 minutes (if your asparagus are thicker, they will need more time to grill).
- Serve chicken with sweet potatoes, asparagus and blackberries on the side. (Serving size: 1-2 drumsticks, 1/2 cup mashed sweet potatoes, 1/2 cup berries, 4 asparagus)
Calories: 566kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 52g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 239mg | Sodium: 390mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 9g