Sheet Pan Honey Garlic Chicken and Vegetables
If you need an easy and delicious dinner, this Sheet Pan Honey Garlic Chicken and Vegetables is easy to prep and has the most flavorful dreamy sauce that makes this dinner one you will make on repeat.
Sheet Pan Honey Garlic Chicken and Veggies
I am SO excited to share this recipe for One Pan Honey Garlic Chicken and Vegetables with you. Is it too dramatic if I call it life-changing? I hope not, because I’m doing it. A healthy dinner with chicken, and veggies cooked in just over 30 minutes on one pan that taste absolutely amazing?! I would call that life changing.
I feel like this is a secret someone should have let me in on sooner. I’ve spent too many years cooking chicken, roasting potatoes and steaming vegetables in separate dishes. Cooking them all together on on pan and ending up with flavorful, moist chicken and delicious roasted vegetables is a game changer in my kitchen.
How to Make Sheet Pan Honey Garlic Chicken and Veggies Dinner
There are just a few steps for making this sheet pan dinner. If you know you are going to be in a pinch for time, you can even prep your veggies the day before!
- In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons of olive oil, honey, garlic, dijon mustard, and salt and pepper.
- In a ziploc bag, place chicken breast and pour half of the honey mixture over the chicken. Let it marinate white cutting the brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes.
- Place brussels sprouts trimmed side down with sweet potatoes in a single salyer onto your baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Nestle the chicken in a single layer in between the veggies. Bake for 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (internal temp of 165 degrees F) and the brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes are brown and caramelized.
- While the chicken and veggies are baking, pour the remaining marinade in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly.
- When chicken and veggies are done baking, switch oven to broil for just 2-3 minutes to get a nice golden brown crust.
- Remove from oven and baste everything with the remaining sauce from the saucepan. Enjoy!
Ingredients for Honey Garlic Chicken with Veggies
I love this recipe because it has a super simple healthy ingredient list. I bet you have all of them in your kitchen already – olive oil, honey, minced garlic, dijon mustard…….. add a little salt and pepper and you won’t believe how flavorful this dish is, even with just these simple ingredients.
- Honey. This sweetener is perfect because of its liquid consistency to compliment the other ingredients in this recipe. Especially the brussels sprouts – if you have never tried honey on them – you really need to!
- Garlic – I love to buy the pre-minced garlic to make cooking recipes like this much faster.
- Dijon Mustard – the flavor the mustard gives the marinade is really delicious. The acid balances both the sweet and the salt of the other ingredients.
- Chicken – The chicken in this recipe is tender and juicy. I prefer chicken breasts, but you can always use chicken thighs.
- Brussels Sprouts – Brussels sprouts are a really great choice for a sheet pan dinner. They take a bit longer to cook and aren’t delicate and so hold up their texture well when cooked at high temps in the oven.
- Sweet Potatoes – sweet potatoes are a root veggie that works well with brussels sprouts for the same reasons – they take longer to cook and hold their texture really well.
Commonly Asked Questions about Honey Garlic Sheet Pan Dinner
Question: Can I use other veggies than the recipe calls for? You can definitely try other veggies. I wouldn’t recommend using veggies that need less cooking time, like asparagus. Some great alternatives would be broccoli, red or yellow potatoes, carrots, onions, bell peppers, and cauliflower. Some people love green beans cooked this way, but I find they are more crisp and have a tougher texture.
Question: Can I marinate the chicken longer? Absolutely! You can start marinating the chicken the night before or even that morning.
Question: Can I use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts? Yes! Chicken thighs are a great alternative, they typically turn out even more tender than chicken breasts because they are a darker meat.
Question: Can I make this ahead? You can marinate the chicken and chop the veggies and store them in a container in your fridge until ready to cook. Then when it is time to make dinner, you just throw everything onto your sheet pan and bake!
Question: What would be a good side to serve with this dinner?
- Rice, pasta or quinoa. You can even drizzle some of the extra marinade on it.
- Homemade Bread. We love whole wheat bread, sourdough, or even this yummy braided bread.
- Fruit Salad. I love the fresh and sweet flavors of fruit with this comfort dinner.
More Favorite Sheet Pan Dinners
Sheet Pan Chicken with Spring Veggies – this dinner has fresh flavors and veggies of spring!
Chicken and Fall Roasted Veggies Sheet Pan Dinner – Roasted colorful seasonal veggies and chicken together with a few key dried herbs, then tossed all together with walnuts and chewy dried cranberries.
Sheet Pan Ranch Crusted Chicken and Roasted Potatoes – Crispy potatoes paired with yummy ranch crusted chicken on the outside with tender juicy chicken on the inside.
Sheet Pan Honey Garlic Chicken and Vegetables
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tsp thyme dried
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1/2 pound brussels sprouts trimmed and cut in half
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons olive oil, honey, garlic and dijon mustard. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Combine half the honey garlic mixture and chicken breasts in a gallon size ziplock bag. Shake to coat the chicken well and then let marinate while cutting the brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes.
- Place brussels sprouts (cut side down) and sweet potatoes in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Top with the chicken in a single layer and pour the rest of the marinade mixture over the veggies and chicken.
- Put in the preheated oven and roast until the chicken is completely cooked through (internal temperature of 165 degrees F) and the brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes are brown and caramelized.
- While the dinner is baking, pour the remaining marinade in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Once the sheet pan dinner is cooked, turn the oven to broil, and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until chicken is caramelized and veggies are a golden brown.
- Remove from oven and baste everything with the marinade from the saucepan. Enjoy!
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoon honey
- 3 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, gluten free
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 4 medium potato, red
- 2 cup green beans
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie
This looks absolutely delicious! What a simple but flavourful dinner!
Do I need to change the cook time or temperature at all if I bake in glass?
I made this last night for my 3 yo and 5 yo – they loved it, for real, and it was SO EASY.
We really liked this, I accidentally overcooked it (the chicken and the green beans were a little dry), but that was my fault. I loved how easy it was!
I will marinate the chicken longer the next time I make it. I also used 4 Cups of green beans instead of 2. It was delicious!
Simple and yummy! I like to add lots of extra veggies so I might double the sauce next time. I might have over broiled a bit, but I love my green beans that way 🙂
I really liked this. next time I might add some onion and double the green beans.
I can’t wait to make this when we have company over for dinner sometime; it was delicious!
This is my very first meal made off of this app! The whole “eating healthy” thing is new to me so this is really helping. This was super easy to make.
The dressing is delicious! I used sweet potato, cauliflower, green Beans and mushrooms. Made double the amount of dressing- will make this meal again!
I would add butter to veggies next time. I like my veggies crunchy but if you don’t might wanna cook them longer.
Super easy for a quick, weeknight dinner
This was ABSOLUTELY easy and delicious!
Easy and delicious, the green beans came out crunchy from the broiling, it was excellent
So incredibly easy & delicious! The marinade/sauce was so tasty! Perfectly sweet-savory! Definitely deemed a repeat by everyone!
Do we mince the garlic? I’m trying to make this now and super confused! And are we using 4 tablespoon of olive oil or 3? And soy is 1 or 3? The directions are a bit crazy. And I’m new to cooking like this. Please help as I’m making it as we speak!
AMAAAZZZING!!!! Even the kids loved it.
How much sodium is in this recipe?
Super easy and very good. Next time I will add the green beans sooner, they were a bit too crunchy for our tastes. Also had to nearly double the cooking times because the potatoes weren’t cooking under the chicken, but there may be something wrong with my oven.
Chicken was bland and didn’t cook even. Potatoes in the center were cooked nicely, outside were still a little hard. Green beans were soggy. Need to cook for more time
It was a good meal, but chicken wasn’t as flavorful. I think I will marinate longer next time.
do you have the sodium count on this?
You can look at the recipe on Prepear and it will have the nutrition information for you. If you haven’t downloaded it, Prepear is our recipe/meal planning app and has the majority of our recipes in it. It is available on Apple and Android products.
I wish I would have read the reviews earlier just because I agree with letting the chicken marinade longer. Other wise it was delicious, loved the potatoes.
Cooked for about 40 minutes and then broiled for about 2. Covered tray with aluminum foil. Came out great! Also added broccoli to the mix!
A favorite in our family! Love the easy prep and clean up. I slice the chicken breasts in half to thin them out and usually use about 3-4 breasts. Usually only cook for 20-25 minutes and then 10 more with the green beans.
The marinade burnt in the oven?
I’m sorry it didn’t turn out for you! Sometimes if it gets drizzled on the pan the honey can burn. My sympathies!
great ,thanks for sharing
I just made this dinner tonight and I loved it. Very flavor able and easy , the clean is even better one pan.Definitely a keeper
Delicious and easy to prepare, clean plates all round! Will be making this again. Thanks
Awesome, glad you enjoyed it!
It was easy to prepare and it was delicious. Thanks
So glad you liked it! Thanks for sharing!!
I am very confused. I have been using this recipe for over a year…and I swear it’s different now. Wheres the soy sauce measurement? Since when are there Brussel sprouts and sweet potatoes? I thought the original was green beans and potatoes. Can you please give me the old recipe? If its not broken, don’t fix it.
Hi! We updated the recipe and the new version is soooo good. I totally get that you liked the original though and so I put it in the notes section of the recipe card for you :).
Recipe directions and post/pictures are not the same. This used to call for soy sauce and green beans with red potatoes. New recipe omits soy sauce entirety and says brussel sprouts and sweet potato? What happened to the original recipe?
We updated this recipe and the new version is absolutely delicious. I put the original recipe in the notes section of the recipe card for you though 🙂
Did you change this recipe? I was looking for the old one with the green beans and potatoes. This isn’t what I wanted.
Though this new version does look interesting I would like the old one as well.
What a let down