- 12 standard cupcake liners
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup pastry flour, whole wheat
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flaxseed, ground
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mixed berries, frozen
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together buttermilk, oil, egg, and vanilla.
- Add in flour, sugar, flax, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; stir just until blended. Fold in berries
- Fill muffin tins 3/4 full. Bake 18-22 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Calories: 146kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 203mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g