Slightly sweet and hearty, Peach Cream of Wheat is a delicious update on an old fashioned breakfast.
Are Cream of Wheat and Farina the Same Thing?
Farina is a form of milled wheat most often used to make hotfor breakfast. Cream of Wheat is just a brand of farina. It is made from the and of the grain, which is milled to a fine granular consistency and then sifted. , , and Farina Mills are popular brand names of farina breakfast cereal. If you talk to different people, they each have their favorite brand of cream of wheat. Give it a go and tell us which brand is your favorite!
Is Cream of Wheat Good for You?
Cream of wheat is a whole grain cereal option that is typically fortified with B vitamins, naturally contains fiber, and iron to give your kids a good start to the day. It isn’t a balanced meal though, so when we have it for breakfast, we like to add fruit and use milk in our recipe to balance everything. Grain+Protein+Fruit/Vegetable.
Favorite Toppings for Cream of Wheat
Cream of wheat can have so many different toppings because of its mild flavor. Our favorites are:
- Peaches (of course – this recipe is about the peaches!)
- Nut Butter
- Dried Fruit – apricots, cranberries
- Spices – Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Vanilla
- Milk, Almond Milk, Half and Half
Peaches n’ Cream…….mmmmm……….you can’t go wrong with this one.
A healthy breakfast should consist of a variety of foods. Making sure your breakfast meal includes grains, proteins and a fruit or vegetable, will help provide a variety of nutrients and keep your kids more satiated and satisfied until lunchtime.
Check out all of our delicious and healthy breakfast recipes:
Healthy Breakfast Recipes
Peach Cream of Wheat
- 2 cup milk
- 2/3 cup Cream of Wheat
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 medium peach
- In a medium saucepan, bring milk to a boil over high heat.
- Gradually add cream of wheat and brown sugar, stirring until well blended. Cook 3 to 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Dice peach; add to cream of wheat and stir gently until well blended. Serve immediately.