- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lb beef, ground, 90% lean
- 4 cup spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 2 medium squash, summer
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium carrot
- 2 cup (not packed) COTTAGE CHEESE, LOWFAT
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon oregano, dried
- 1 tablespoon basil, dried
- 4 oz lasagna noodles, dry
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 cup spinach
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mince garlic, and sauté for 1-2 minutes in a skillet heated to medium high. Add beef and cook until browned, approximately 10 minutes.
- While beef cooks, grate squash, zucchini and carrots. Add veggies and marinara sauce to the cooked beef.
- In a small bowl, mix the cottage cheese and 1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella cheese. Add one egg to blend together.
- Assemble lasagna: spread a small amount of sauce on bottom of 10X13 in baking dish, just enough to slightly cover and prevent the pasta from sticking. Layer 4 lasagna noodles, 1/3 of cheese mixture, and half of the marinara sauce. Next begin again with 4 lasagna noodles, another 1/3 of cheese, 1 cup marinara. Finally, add another layer of noodles, remaining cheese, and sauce. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 45 minutes; uncover and bake for an additional 10 minutes; let stand for 10 minutes before serving with spinach and blueberries.
Calories: 342kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 85mg | Sodium: 972mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 13g