- 1 1/2 cup water
- 2 1/4 teaspoon yeast, active dry
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/3 cup flour, all-purpose
- 2 cup flour, whole wheat
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, jarred
- 1/2 pound chicken breast
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 medium tomato, red
- 1 tablespoon basil, dried
- 1 medium honeydew
- Warm the water in the microwave for about 1 minute. In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast and brown sugar in the water, and let sit for 10 minutes. Stir the salt and oil into the yeast solution. Mix together the flours and then add the flour mixture to the water mixture.
- Turn dough out onto a clean, well floured surface, and knead for a couple minutes. Place the dough into a well oiled bowl, and cover with a cloth. Let the dough rise until doubled; this should take about 1 hour. Punch down the dough, and form a tight ball. Allow the dough to relax for a minute before rolling out.
- Drain a jar of artichoke hearts into a skillet, but reserve the artichokes in a bowl. Dice the chicken and the garlic and add to the liquid in the skillet. Cook until the liquid has evaporated. Stir in the artichoke hearts and heat through.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Roll out the dough. If you are baking the dough on a pizza stone, you may place your toppings on the dough, and bake immediately. If you are baking your pizza in a pan, lightly oil the pan, and let the dough rise for 15 or 20 minutes before topping and baking it. Top pizza with mozzarella, sliced tomatoes, basil, chicken, garlic, and artichoke hearts. Bake pizza until the cheese and crust are golden brown, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve pizza with honeydew slices. (Serving size: 2 slices of pizza, 4-5 slices honeydew)
Calories: 331kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 436mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 12g