Cheesy Broccoli bites are a great veggie side dish. Full of vitamin K and vitamin C in every bite!
We believe kids should taste and try different fruits and veggies in a variety of ways. This means roasted, raw, pureed, frozen, dried, etc. That way, kids can learn to enjoy the taste of different foods and mature their palate in a way that will prime them for tasting and trying more.
Broccoli Bites Recipe Step By Step
Our process to make these cheesy bites wasn’t any more complicated than making pancakes. We steamed some broccoli to soften it up. We then blended it up in a food processor to mix it altogether (full recipe below). Then, we scooped up small balls of the “dough” and pan fried them till they were crispy.
This cheesy snack would make a great side dish, appetizer, or even just a low sugar snack! We pair this with chicken and rice and the kids love it! You can also experiment with different add-ins. Try onions, garlic, pepper, or even cheddar cheese.
Serve them plain or with a yogurt dip.
Tests find that Broccoli is beneficial for:
- Digestion (all that fiber!)
- Heart health, with anti-inflammatory properties.
- Natural Detoxification (Source)
Cheesy Broccoli Bites
- 2 cup broccoli, florets
- 2 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 2 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Steam broccoli just until fork-tender.
- Add broccoli, egg, salt, bread crumbs, and Parmesan to a food processor; blend just until finely chopped. Using 1 tablespoon at a time, form into balls.
- Heat oil in a skillet. Drop balls of broccoli mixture into hot oil, flattening with a spatula. Cook both sides until crispy.
- Serve warm.