- 4 medium carrot
- 1 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1/2 cup flour, whole wheat
- 4 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 1/8 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cup strawberries
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Grate 1 carrot and cut the remaining into sticks, set aside separately.
- Whisk together the flours, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt. Slice the cold butter into smaller pieces, then cut into the flour using 2 knives, a fork, or a pastry blender; mixture should be well combined and crumbly.
- Stir in the yogurt, 5 teaspoons milk, and vanilla. Fold in the grated carrots.
- Divide the dough into 8 balls and place each onto the prepared baking sheet. Slightly flatten the balls with the bottom of a drinking glass. Brush the remaining teaspoon of milk over the tops of the scones and then sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until lightly golden. Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then remove from pan and place onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Serve scones with sliced strawberries and carrot sticks on the side.
Calories: 180kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 106mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 12g