- 12 standard cupcake liners
- 3 medium carrot
- 1 medium apple
- 1/4 cup oats, dry
- 1 1/2 cup pastry flour, whole wheat
- 1/8 cup flaxseed, ground
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 8 tablespoon honey
- 2/3 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Grate carrots and apple; set aside.
- Place oats into a blender or food processor and blend until they become a flour-like texture; add to a large bowl along with pastry flour, flaxseed, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg; mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine honey, applesauce, and egg. Stir wet ingredients into dry until just combined. Fold in carrots and apple.
- Pour batter into muffin cups, and bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Calories: 150kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 124mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 15g