These quick, easy, and delicious Brain Booster Pancake Recipe is high in protein, fiber, and omega 3s – the perfect start to your child’s day!
Can you believe it’s already time to start thinking about a new school year?! I’m torn between excitement about getting back on a regular schedule, and dread about, well…having to get back on a regular schedule. 🙂
One thing I have already started thinking about is how to make this year a successful one for my kids. We got into a little bit of a breakfast rut last year, stuck having the same 2 or 3 meals on repeat. So, this year I’m already testing new simple recipes to make our mornings more exciting.
This pancake recipe experiment has definitely been the favorite test so far! I’m excited to add these to our breakfast rotation this year.
I nicknamed this recipe Brain Booster Pancakes. They have everything your child needs to focus and be ready for a successful school day. The protein and fiber will help keep your child feeling full! Studies show that omega 3s can improve mental skills, like thinking, remembering, and learning.
These pancakes are also gluten-free (just make sure to get gluten-free oats) and refined sugar-free! It only takes a few minutes to throw all the ingredients into the blender! Quick, easy, and healthy … It doesn’t get much better than that!
Add some extra blueberries on top and a little drizzle of pure maple syrup. I bet the whole family will devour these pancakes! Yay for healthy food and especially healthy breakfasts that taste good!
Looking for some more quick, easy, & healthy real food breakfast recipes? You can find more of my favorites (including Healthy Homemade Pop-Tarts) and how to make mornings easier in this post – Healthy Breakfasts to Last a Month…in Less than 2 Hours!!
Brain Booster Pancake Recipe
- 1 1/4 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 3/4 cup oats, dry
- 1/4 cup flaxseed, ground
- 1 medium banana
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large egg
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup blueberries
- Place all ingredients, except eggs, coconut oil and blueberries into a good quality blender. Blend until oats are ground and everything is mixed well.
- Add eggs and pulse until incorporated.
- Heat a griddle over medium heat and melt a teaspoon or two of coconut oil or butter. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto the griddle for each pancake. Drop 3-4 blueberries onto each pancake before flipping. Brown on both sides (about 2-3 minutes per side) and serve hot with more blueberries and pure maple syrup. If the batter is too thick to pour, add a tablespoon or two of almond milk to thin.
– Tiffany is a wife, mom of 4, foodie, dark chocolate lover, creator. She’s also host of the Feel Great in 8 Challenge, and blogger at www.feelgreatin8.com. She loves experimenting in the kitchen and creating healthy real food recipes.