Protein Packed Breakfast Burritos for on the go mornings to keep your kids full until lunch time. These are super easy to make and delicious!
Protein Packed Breakfast Burritos for Kids
I grew up eating breakfast burritos when I was camping with my family and wow did I forgot how good they are! These Protein Packed Breakfast Burritos are so good. You can make them fresh in the morning as your kids are getting dressed or you can make the filling the night before and zap it in the microwave the next morning! This is a great go-to recipe for busy mornings!
How to Make Kid-Friendly Breakfast Burritos
First, scramble up your eggs! I love cracking all my eggs into a bowl before just to make sure I don’t accidentally let an shells make it into the pan! Add your milk and any salt and pepper you want and with the bowl/pyrex measuring cup a cook whisk. Then pour into your pan and scramble! Everyone has their own tricks to perfect scrambled eggs, mine are: 1. Don’t let the pan get too hot! 2. Constantly fold/move the eggs. 3. Don’t over-cook them!
What Do You Put On A Breakfast Burrito?
To make the filling, just dump out your cooked eggs and use the same pan to save yourself time washing dishes. Add your meat, seasonings and onions to the pan! Break up the meat with a wooden spoon or spatula and let brown.
Then you’ll add your drained and rinsed black beans and drained Rotel! I drained my Rotel because I didn’t want to add to much moisture to the filling… no one likes a soggy burrito!
Add in your chopped spinach…
And then the cooked eggs and give it all a good stir! You can taste it and adjust the seasoning if you want! If you’re making this for yourself or any other adults, you can kick up the flavor by adding hot sauce or red pepper flakes!
I melted my cheese to my tortillas to help it all stick together as I wrapped it.
And there you go, the most delicious breakfast on the go! This is one of my favorite breakfast recipes because it keeps me full until lunch! No snacking needed after I ate this Protein Packed Breakfast Burrito!
If you need more burrito recipes, we have them! Like this Veggie Burrito!
Protein Packed Breakfast Burritos
- 8 medium egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 pound turkey, ground
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup, chopped onion
- 15 ounce black beans, canned
- 10 ounce tomatoes with green chilies, canned
- 3 cup spinach
- 15 medium tortilla, whole wheat
- 4 ounce cheddar cheese
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and coat with nonstick cooking spray. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and salt.
- Add eggs to hot pan and scramble. Once cooked, remove from pan.
- Using the same pan, add ground turkey and taco seasoning. Use a wooden spoon to break up meat into small pieces. Add chopped onions and continue to cook and stir until meat is cooked.
- Drain and rinse black beans and add to the pan. Drain the tomatoes and add to pan; stir and heat through.
- Add in chopped spinach and cooked eggs. Stir to combine and remove the pan from the heat.
- Warm tortillas in the microwave so they’re easy to roll and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Place a small amount of filling along the center and roll into burritos. Serve warm!
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie