- 3 medium plum
- 1/4 cup raisins, seedless
- 1 medium lemon
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 1/4 cup oats, dry
- Dice plums. Zest the peel of one lemon, and juice the rest to save for lunch today!
- In a pot, combine plums, raisins, zest of lemon (approximately 2-3 teaspoon), cinnamon, water and apple juice. Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add oatmeal and cook until the liquid is absorbed, about 5 more minutes. You may also top off oats with sliced plums.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie