- 1 medium tomato, red
- 1 stalk green onion
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 cup corn, canned
- 1 cup black beans, canned
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 large pita, whole wheat
- 2 cup shredded lettuce
- 4 medium pear
- Chop tomato, green onion and avocado. Drain corn; drain and rinse beans.
- Mix tomato, green onion, avocado, corn, beans, and black pepper in medium bowl.
- Stuff pitas with shredded lettuce and tomato mixture; serve pears on the side. If preparing for a to-go lunch, place the tomato mixture into a separate container until ready to eat.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie