I just can’t get enough of the great Bento products out there. Amanda commented on a prior post about this store and it has some awesome stuff! Plus everything averages around $1.00! Check out the cute Bento stuff I got. So much better than a Hannah Montanna lunch pail or other boxes that your kids think they want.
And the accesories! The little vials are sauce holders. We put ranch in so she can dip her carrots. The fork and spoon I love for when I send small bowls of fruit. Otherwise, I think its tough sometimes to send fruits and vegetables to school. And the little toothpicks are just cute. The matching bento box I ordered was out of stock.
A few tips on getting fruits and vegetables to school or in a lunch box.
- Dried fruit (in a bag, mix, or as Fruit Leather).
- Send 100% fruit juice
- Slice fruit with a portable dip such as yogurt or cottage cheese.
- Chopped up greens in a sealable bag. Send a fork and some dressing.
- Add your vegetables to the sandwich.
- Include vegetable soup to be reheated later.
- Add vegetables to baked goods (like zucchini bread) and send that in their lunch.