One year, a co-worker gave me a bag of granola for Christmas from Great Harvest. That began my love of gifting (and receiving) granola. It’s more than a breakfast cereal, and can be so versatile. We love granola because you can add so many healthy ingredients, such as:
- Dried fruit
- Wheat Germ
- Whole wheat
- or even fresh fruit!
So whether you are giving granola this year, or you got some, we’ve got some ideas for you!
- Mixed it with yogurt. As a dessert or breakfast, use granola, yogurt and fruit. Then dig in.
- Use as a topping for a baked apple!
- Add to muffins
- Bake it in bread
- Make granola bars! These are so good, and only 4 ingredients. Granola, honey, peanut butter and chocolate!
- Roll bananas in granola and freeze
- Top a salad with it.
- Toss it with oatmeal for a crunchy twist
- Add it to smoothies
- Soften it up with heated milk and let sit. Then eat.
- Use instead of bread crumbs for stuffing
- Crush and roll chicken in it before baking for some crispy chicken.
- Eat it straight with various nuts and seeds as add-ins. Try sunflower seeds, almonds, raisins, craisins, pecans, m&m’s, cashews, dried apricots, dried apples, dried pineapple.
- Makes a great neighbor gift. Pour granola in decorative cellophane bag and tie with ribbon.
The granola recipe that has worked best for our family is found here.
What do you like to do with granola?