These mini baked omelet bites are super filling and a great way to start your kids day on the right foot. Perfect for kids who don’t have a huge appetite in the morning and just need a small bite packed with a lot of nutrition!
Breakfast Omelet Bites
These omelet bites are a great breakfast to make when you don’t have a lot of hands on time. You can quickly throw the ingredients together and then pop it into the oven while everyone gets ready in the morning!
Serving fruit with breakfast is a pretty natural thing for most of us. But veggies? Sometimes it can feel a bit off. This recipe is a great way to serve veggies for breakfast. You can switch out different veggies depending on what is in season and what you have in your fridge.
Can You Make and Freeze Omelets?
Making recipes and freezing them is one of our favorite things to do! And omelets bites freeze surprisingly well. You can freeze these omelet bites for up to 2 months (after that the texture can get a bit weird). You can also store in the fridge for up to 3 days. To reheat them, just pop in the microwave for 30 seconds per bite.
More Yummy Egg Breakfast Recipes
Mini Baked Omelet Bites
- Place olive oil in a skillet and add potatoes. Stir for a few minutes until the potatoes begin to soften.
- Add peas and peppers to potatoes, and stir with the potatoes for about 2 minutes.
- Pour the potato mixture into a greased bread pan.
- Crack eggs into a bowl and add milk, salt and pepper. Whisk until mixed. Pour egg mixture over vegetables. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake entire loaf in oven at 350 for about 45-50 minutes.
- Remove from oven when eggs are cooked through and knife comes out clean.
- Turn loaf onto a cutting board, and cut slices from the baked omelet. Cut in half again so you have mini squares.
Breakfast is an important way to start the day! Kids who eat breakfast are better behaved and do better in school. So whip up some baked omelets today!
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie