Breakfast burrito bites- Healthy breakfast idea for healthy kids!
Some mornings your kids just need a little something small, right? These mini breakfast burritos are perfect for those kids who don’t like to eat breakfast, yet you want to get a little healthy food in their bellies. Eating breakfast can help prevent those moody fits caused by low blood sugar. (and what I mean by moody is being 10 and crying because you miss a stuffed animal you lost over 4 years ago).
So, the concept is easy enough. We
- sauteed some peppers.
- Cooked an egg.
- Rolled it in a whole wheat tortilla
- And cut cross-ways like sushi.
- 3 tablespoon chopped bell peppers
- 1 tsp. olive oil, or spray pan with non stick cooking spray
- 3 eggs (whipped slightly in a bowl)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 (8 inch) Whole wheat tortillas
Cook peppers with oil or cooking spray. Remove peppers from pan. Whisk eggs and water together. Cook egg/water mixture over hot skillet, without scrambling them. Move egg inward to cook although through, and flip, so you have a large “fried egg”. Cut in half. Place one egg on each tortilla. Add peppers to the center of your tortilla and roll up.
We love peppers! Did you know:
- 1 cup of bell peppers have 300% of the RDA for vitamin C- vitamin C is perfect for immune support.
- 1 cup of bell peppers have 100% of the RDA for Vitamin A
- They are high in fiber, and kids today need more fiber. Kids should eat 5 grams of fiber plus their age. So, a 4 year old would want at least 9 grams of fiber in a day.
This is a great recipe to start your kids day, so they can have some of those peppers!
Breakfast Burrito BitesPrint Pin Rate
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoon bell pepper, red
- 3 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 medium tortilla, whole wheat
- Add oil to a medium skillet and heat.
- Chop bell pepper and add to skillet. Cook for 1-2 minutes, then remove from pan.
- Whisk together eggs and water; add to same skillet. Cook but do not scramble.
- Move eggs inward until cooked through, then flip so you have a large “fried egg”.
- Cut into quarters; place one section of egg onto each tortilla, add peppers, then roll up.
- Cut cross-ways like sushi.