- 1 cup lentils, raw
- 1 teaspoon mustard, dijon
- 1 tablespoon vinegar, red wine
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 medium bell pepper, orange
- 1 medium bell pepper, yellow
- 2 medium carrot
- 1 tablespoon parsley, fresh
- 2 medium pear
- Cook lentils as directed on package (or purchase them precooked).
- Whisk together mustard and vinegar, then slowly add the sesame oil while continuing to whisk. Proceed with the olive oil, adding slowing as well. Finally, whisk in the salt and pepper; set aside.
- Chop peppers, carrots, and parsley.
- Add all ingredients (except the pears) to a large mixing bowl and toss until well coated.
- Serve with sliced pears on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie