Lemon Raspberry Chia Seed Pudding Recipe showcases the bright flavors of Spring and Summer made into a healthy breakfast, snack, or dessert!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Is Chia Seed Pudding Healthy?
Chia seeds are a great source of antioxidants, fiber, and quality protein. Combined with Greek yogurt and fruit, Chia pudding makes a delicious and incredibly healthy snack or dessert. It’s creamy, satisfying and loaded with nutrition.
Check out this post to read more about the health benefits of chia seeds.
Is it Better To Soak Chia Seeds Before Eating?
You do not need to soak chia seeds before eating them, but soaked and raw chia seeds do have slightly different health benefits.
The biggest difference between soaked and dry is that soaked chia seeds can help to keep you hydrated because they hold up to 12 times their weight in water. This allows for a slow release of hydration and helps to keep you full for longer.
Raw chia seeds have a strong absorbent power and can actually absorb water from your body during the digestion process. If you are wanting to eat raw chia seeds, you should plan to drink extra water. Raw chia seeds have been shown to be helpful for people who have acid reflux to relieve some of the symptoms.
How to Make Chia Pudding
The prep for this pudding is simple. Mix all the ingredients together in a large container and then it is just a matter of waiting for the chia seeds to do their magic and thicken the mixture to a pudding-like texture.
Chia pudding is so very versatile! The base is just Greek yogurt, milk, chia seeds and honey. Then you can add whatever whole or pureed fruit you like to it.
More of Our Favorite Chia Seed Recipes
- Lemon Chia Seed Pancakes
- Strawberry Chia Fruit Leather
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chia Cookies
- Chia Seed Energy Bites
Lemon Raspberry Chia Pudding
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp lemon peel, raw
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- Combine all ingredients in a large storage container that has a lid. Make sure all the chia seeds are mixed in, and mash the berries lightly, especially if using frozen raspberries.
- Place the lid on the container and refrigerate overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- Serve with extra raspberries, and a drizzle of honey if desired.
- *You can substitute any kind of milk for the coconut milk.
- *The lemon peel (zest) and lemon juice is equal to 1 medium lemon.
- *You may use fresh or frozen raspberries.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie