This is my quick Healthy Easter idea… On Friday, send your kids to school with a fun, Easter themed lunch. Here is how ours turned out:
- granola with a sesame seed candy in the lower left compartment.
- Hard boiled egg chick in the upper left
- Main compartment contains sandwich (cut into a lamb)
- Carrots, lettuce, red peppers, and red onions. (all finger veggies, no fork needed)
- cup of cuties
- In our Easy Lunch Box
I saw these little chicks made from your hard boiled eggs on a Google image search for Easter Bentos. It was super easy to make!
- Hard boil the eggs
- peel carefully
- cut away the white across the center of the egg.
- I cut out circles from sea weed paper (which I actually always keep on hand for food decorating). and a carrot for the beak!
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie