The big weekend project was erecting this portable tether ball pole and game! I really wanted to take more pictures of the kids playing with it, but the cement is still drying (it’s been drying forever!!) We have 3 kids and about 50 neighbor kids waiting impatiently, begging every day if they can try it out! Unfortunately, Wade things because of the cool weather, the cement is taking longer than normal to dry. Nevertheless, it’s going to be awesome! It was pretty easy to make it yourself too!
We started with a few supplies:
- 1 tire (free from a friend)
- 1 pole ($20 at Home Depot)
- 1 ball and rope ($21 from Big 5)
- 2 one foot sections of rebar (home depot)
- 1 eye bolt and carabineer to affix the rope to the top.
- 2 80 lb bags of cement ($10 from Home Depot)
Then wait and wait and wait and wait and wait some more!!
Apparently, the kids play Tether-ball at recess, and they tell me they are pretty much professionals. So, we’ll see. I tried a quick game with my husband Wade, and he can swing that ball so high above my head, that I don’t even stand a chance!
This is a fun way for kids to get outside and get some exercise!