- 1 pound turkey, ground
- 1/2 medium onion
- 2 clove garlic
- 6 cup beef broth
- 28 ounce diced tomatoes, canned
- 28 ounce stewed tomatoes, canned
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 6 ounce penne pasta, dry
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- Heat a large skillet over medium; add the ground turkey. Stir to brown and break into smaller pieces; allow to cook for 5 minutes.
- Dice onion, mince garlic, and add both to the skillet. Cook until turkey is no longer pink, then add to slow cooker. Stir in broth, tomatoes, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar and Italian seasoning. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Add pasta about 25 minutes before you’re ready for dinner. Cook for 25 minutes or until noodles have softened. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie