- 2 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 10 medium carrot
- 6 1/2 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 slice bread, whole wheat
- 1 none cooking spray
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- Mince garlic. Melt butter in a large pot over medium high heat. Add garlic; saute until golden, about thirty seconds. Reduce heat. Chop onion and add to the garlic.
- Saute for 5 minutes. Add curry and ground cumin; saute for three minutes. Peel and chop carrots; add to the pan and saute again for 5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth and salt. Bring to a boil; reduce to low. Cover and simmer for thirty minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. Working in batches, puree soup in a blender. Return to pot and heat through.
- For croutons, cut bread into small pieces. Arrange on a cookie sheet. Spray bread pieces with cooking spray. Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 3-5 minutes, or until toasted.
- Serve soup topped with chopped cilantro and croutons.
Calories: 201kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 445mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g