Soup is a meal my kids will always eat. We love soup because you can pack it full of veggies, and my kids love it because it is warm, comforting and delicious! This 10 minute creamy cauliflower soup recipe is one of our favorites because it is super fast to make, and is packed full of cauliflower and all its nutrients. Cauliflower is a really versatile veggie high in Vitamin C, K, fiber and B vitamins. Give this soup a try for dinner tonight and you will probably want it on your regular meal plan!
For this soup there is only 2 steps!
Blend ingredients in blender. If you are using a high powered blender, make sure you don’t blend it too much or it will get a little too pasty. If you like a little bit of texture in your soup, reserve some of the cauliflower and then add it in after you have blended. You can use whatever kind of cheese you prefer. Parmesan is really good if you like a little stronger cheese flavor, or cheddar is great if you are going for a more traditional flavor.
Once your soup is blended, pour into bowls and serve! You can garnish if you want – which with a mild soup like this we love garnishes! We used crunchy croutons, bacon pieces, and super thinly sliced spinach on the top of our soup.
This is a great soup to start your kids out with if they have texture issues, or are picky with their veggies because it is so creamy with a yummy cheese flavor. They will have no idea there is so much nutrition in it, and that it only took you 10 minutes to make!
Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- Preheat oven to 425℉. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
- Chop cauliflower into florets and toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes. Give it a good toss half way through.
- When the cauliflower has about 10 minutes left, in a large stock pot add the remaining tablespoon of oil and heat over medium high heat. Add diced onion, salt and pepper and cook for 3-5 minutes until the onion softens and begins to turn translucent. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the broth and cauliflower to the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and add the milk. Simmer gently for 15-20 minutes to let the flavors combine and deepen. Remove from the heat.
- Add 1 cup half and half and blend using an immersion blender. If you don't have an immersion blender, carefully transfer soup to a blender and pulse until smooth. Return to pot and add cheddar cheese. Stir until melted.
- Pour into bowls and serve warm with bacon bits, croutons, and chives.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie