- 4 cup spinach
- 2 cup strawberries
- 4 tablespoon poppy seed dressing, light
- Fill a large pot with water; peel potatoes, add to water and boil until fork tender. Drain; set aside, covered.
- Meanwhile, cut chicken into 1/2-inch-thick strips.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and ground red pepper. Place flour in a shallow dish. Combine buttermilk and egg in a shallow dish, stirring well. Place coconut in a shallow dish. Dredge chicken in flour; shake off excess. Dip chicken in egg mixture; dredge in coconut.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken to pan; cook 6 minutes or until done, flipping halfway to brown both sides.
- Add milk and butter to potatoes and mash with a fork or potato masher until desired texture.
- Slice strawberries, toss with spinach and dressing.
- Serve chicken with mashed potatoes and salad.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie