- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lb beef, ground, 90% lean
- 4 cup spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 2 medium squash, summer
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium carrot
- 2 cup (not packed) COTTAGE CHEESE, LOWFAT
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon oregano, dried
- 1 tablespoon basil, dried
- 4 oz lasagna noodles, dry
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 cup spinach
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mince garlic, and sauté for 1-2 minutes in a skillet heated to medium high. Add beef and cook until browned, approximately 10 minutes.
- While beef cooks, grate squash, zucchini and carrots. Add veggies and marinara sauce to the cooked beef.
- In a small bowl, mix the cottage cheese and 1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella cheese. Add one egg to blend together.
- Assemble lasagna: spread a small amount of sauce on bottom of 10X13 in baking dish, just enough to slightly cover and prevent the pasta from sticking. Layer 4 lasagna noodles, 1/3 of cheese mixture, and half of the marinara sauce. Next begin again with 4 lasagna noodles, another 1/3 of cheese, 1 cup marinara. Finally, add another layer of noodles, remaining cheese, and sauce. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 45 minutes; uncover and bake for an additional 10 minutes; let stand for 10 minutes before serving with spinach and blueberries.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie