A hearty and refreshing Cobb salad packed with protein, fresh veggies, and flavor! Share your “Mom Lunch” with your kids!
- 2 large egg
- 1/2 pound chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounce bacon
- 15 ounce kidney beans, cooked
- 10 jumbo black olives
- 1 medium avocado
- 1/2 cup broccoli, florets
- 1 medium tomato, red
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cup, chopped mixed greens
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1 medium cantaloupe
- Hard boil the eggs, allow to cool. Peel and slice into quarters; set aside.
- Season chicken with Italian seasoning (more or less to taste). Heat a large skillet over medium heat and drizzle with olive oil. Add chicken and cook on both sides for approximately 4-5 minutes or until center is no longer pink. Allow to slightly cool and then cut into strips. Set aside.
- Cook turkey bacon as directed on the package. Set aside to cool and then chop into small pieces like bacon bits.
- Drain and rinse beans; slice avocado, cut broccoli into smaller pieces, and chop tomato. Keep all ingredients separate.
- Spread a large handful (or two) of salad greens across each plate and let each family member “decorate” the plate with the rest of the ingredients as desired. You can make stripes, funny faces, circles, a rainbow, etc.
- Top each salad with dressing and serve sliced cantaloupe on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie