How To Make Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs
How to Hard Boil Eggs (Easy Peel Method)
Servings: 12 eggs
- 6 large eggs room temperature
- Place the eggs in a single layer in a medium pot and cover them with cold water. Make sure there's at least an inch of water above the eggs.
- Turn the heat on your stove to high heat and bring the water to a boil. Add
- Once the water is boiling, turn off the heat and cover the pot. Let the eggs sit in the hot water for 5-12 minutes, depending on how well-done you like your yolks. For a more runny yolk, cook for 5 minutes. For a fully set yolk, cook for 12 minutes.
- While the eggs are cooking, fill a large bowl with ice water. When the eggs are done, use a slotted spoon to remove them from the hot water and immediately place them in the ice water. Let them sit in the ice water for at least 5 minutes.
- That's it! You should have perfectly cooked hard boiled eggs with a bright yellow yolk and no greenish-gray ring around the yolk.
Instant Pot Method
- Pour 1 cup of cold water into the Instant Pot. Place a steamer basket in the Instant Pot. Carefully put your cold eggs in the steamer basket making sure they're not touching each other.
- Close the Instant Pot lid and set the valve to the sealing position. Press the manual button and set to Low Pressure. Set the timer for 7-12 minutes, depending on cooked you like your eggs. 7 minutes is a more soft boiled egg and 12 minutes is a hard boiled egg.
- Carefully remove the lid and use tongs to remove the eggs from the Instant Pot and place them in a bowl of ice water for 5 minutes to cool.Once the eggs have cooled, peel and enjoy!
Calories: 72kcal | Carbohydrates: 0.4g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0.02g | Cholesterol: 186mg | Sodium: 71mg | Potassium: 69mg | Sugar: 0.2g | Vitamin A: 270IU | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 1mg
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie
Leave a Comment:Did you make this recipe? Leave a review!
Boiled Egg Benefits improves the kidney and stomach functions which is also delicious and easy to cook. Egg diet for weight loss is very helpful.
I do not like the way this is presented. How .many eggs and oranges at each meal?
This recipe is one of our meal plan recipes- one orange and one hard boiled egg per serving. 🙂