This easy to make Chocolate Chip Brownie recipe is fudgy, chocolatey, and absolutely delicious! Perfect for a late night snack or as a simple dessert when you are craving something sweet and chocolatey.
Why We Love these Chocolate Chip Brownies
A really good brownie recipe is something that everyone should have in their recipe arsenal. For dessert, potlucks, ice cream sundaes, or late night cravings.. it’s just so useful. Not to mention delicious! Here’s what I look for in a homemade brownie recipe: delicious, super chocolatey, easy to make, uses ingredients I have on hand, and yields gooey, fudgy brownies. And this recipe ticks every box! It only takes 10 minutes and one bowl to throw these together, making them the perfect last minute dessert. And I know that you are going to love them too!
Ingredients for Chocolate Chip Brownies:
- coconut oil– makes your brownies tender and extra gooey. You could also use vegetable oil.
- milk– helps keep your brownies moist and fudgy. We used 2% milk, but you can use whatever you have on hand.
- egg– 1 large egg helps give your brownies structure and tenderness.
- vanila extract– for flavor.
- flour– we used all-purpose flour.
- sugar– regular granulated sugar works best here.
- cocoa powder– gives your brownies that rich, chocolatey flavor. We used regular cocoa. Dutch-processed will give you a deeper chocolate flavor.
- baking powder– for leavening.
- salt– enhances the flavor.
- chocolate chips– we used semi-sweet chocolate chips, but you can use whatever you like.
How to Make Homemade Brownies:
- Preheat oven and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Add wet ingredients.
- Stir to combine, adding 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Top with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
What is the key to fudgy brownies?
Good fat content (we used coconut oil, but you could use vegetable oil or melted butter), addition of milk, less flour and cocoa, and the addition of chocolate chips helps give these brownies their fudgy texture. Also removing the brownies from the oven right before a toothpick comes out clean will help to keep them moist and gooey.
What can I add to my brownies?
This recipe is the perfect base for mix-ins! Chopped nuts, milk or white chocolate chips, M&M’s, chopped peanut butter cups, crushed candy canes, mini marshmallows.. the possibilities are endless! You can also drizzle the batter with caramel, peanut butter, marshmallow creme, or cream cheese and swirling it in before baking.
How should I store my brownies?
To keep your brownies moist and fudgy, store in an airtight container at room temperature. They will last for 3-4 days at room temperature, or up to a week in the refrigerator. You can also wrap individual brownies tightly in plastic wrap and place in a sealable bag and freeze for up to 2 months.
More Chocolate Recipes You’ll Love:
- Double Chocolate Banana Cake
- Moist & Delicious Quinoa Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Zucchini Bundt Cake
- Thick & Creamy Chocolate Mousse
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
Chocolate Chip Brownies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line an 8×8-inch pan with parchment paper.
- Add all of your dry ingredients (except chocolate chips) to a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add all of your wet ingredients to the bowl, and stir well to combine with the dry ingredients.
- Add 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips to the brownie mixture and stir to combine.
- Transfer the brownie batter to the prepared pan and sprinkle the rest of the chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the brownies are set and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes before cutting and enjoying!
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie