Take 5 minutes to prep breakfast for the family before bed and have the most delicious, whole-grain breakfast that tastes exactly like Apple Cobbler!
My all-time favorite summer breakfast is overnight oats. I love that you can have breakfast made for you when you wake up with little to no effort at all. Plus, the flavor variations are endless! The best part is, there is no baking at all. All you have to do is mix everything together and let it sit in the fridge over night.
My favorite way to make overnight oats is with a rolled oat + chia seed + almond milk base. From there, I add in different things to get the flavor I want! In this particular recipe I used peeled and chopped apples, apple sauce, and cinnamon to get that Apple Cobbler taste that everyone loves. I even made a delicious “crumble” that’s made with 100% whole grains and no refined sugars!
If you’re getting really creative, you can have the kids help separate out this Apple Cobbler Overnight Oats Recipe into single serving portions and use mason jars. Everyone loves mason jars. This way, when your kids wake up, they can just wake up in the morning and get their own breakfast out of the fridge!
Overnight oats are the perfect breakfast for school mornings as well because no baking, mixing or cooking is required. It is one of the few breakfasts that is literally ready in seconds in the morning. And depending on what kind of container you use, they can be transportable and you can eat them on your way to school – or work for parents!
Want more Overnight Oat Recipes? Here’s some of my favorites…
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Overnight Oats from Fit Foodie Finds
- Chocolate Raspberry Overnight Oats from The Healthy Maven
- Maple French Toast Overnight Oats from Fit Foodie Finds
- Almond Butter Strawberry Banana Overnight Oats from Ambitious Kitchen
Apple Cobbler Overnight Oats
- 1/3 cup oats, dry
- 4 tablespoon flour, gluten free
- 1/8 cup maple syrup, pure
- Peel apple and finely dice.
- Place all ingredients in a large tupperware container or bowl and mix until everything is combined. Cover and place in refrigerator overnight or for at least 2 hours.
- For the topping: Place all ingredients in a small bowl and mix with a fork until combined.
- Add topping to oats right before serving. Enjoy!
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie