Remember when Bill Cosby said you can eat chocolate cake for breakfast because it had eggs and milk? Well, if that is the standard, this Ice Cream is perfect for breakfast! Two ingredients: Milk and fruit!
Erica, My 10 year old thinks she invented this, and insisted I post it. She and her friend have made it no less than 10 times in the past week, and have been anxious to make in the neighborhood taste how good it is! She even brought my bag of frozen fruit to the neighbors to prepare it, because we were out of milk on Tuesday.
So, here is what they do:
Tropical Ice Cream Recipe
- 4 cups frozen fruit blend (Mango, Pineapple, Kiwi, Papaya and Strawberries)
- 1 1/2- 2 cups low fat milk
Put the fruit and milk into a blender, and blend until fruit is smooth. They start with 1 cup of milk, and slowly add one more until the blender starts to work. You know how sometimes, if there isn’t enough liquid, the blender just won’t go. Depending on how good your blender is, you may have to add more milk until it begins to move. Don’t add too much though, because then you’ve turned your ice cream into a smoothie! Not that there is anything wrong with that.
5 reasons I love this Healthy Ice Cream:
- No Sugar Added! As you know, we’ve been on a no-sugar kick! So, this Ice cream fits perfectly with our eating style.
- The New MyPlate Icon includes a side of dairy. This would be a perfect compliment to follow any healthy, balanced meal!
- It’s easy to make! I mean heck, my 10 year old is making it!
- It’s super delicious! 10 out of 10 kids agreed.
- 3/4 cup of this frozen fruit blend has 130% of your daily requirement for Vitamin C!
So, for one last summer hoorah, make some ice cream!