This orange creamsicle treat is delicious!
My two younger kids love oranges and will eat them in any form – cuties, navel oranges, peeled, sliced, canned, in a smoothie…… But my oldest daughter is super picky about fruit and textures and will not eat oranges. I love being able to create recipes with whole fruit that include all those good nutrients, but change the texture so that she will eat it!
This ice cream is literally the easiest thing to make. A couple of hours before you want to make this, peel and section 2 oranges. Lay them flat on a tray and freeze until solid. Once they are frozen, pour one can of coconut milk into your blender. I LOVE my Blendtec. I literally use it every singe day. There are SO many things you can make in it and it just works so well. Add half the frozen oranges and blend. Then add the other half and continue blending. Add the rest of the ingredients. Then pour into a container that you can freeze. I used a glass bread pan and it worked great! Freeze until it has hardened – a couple of hours is all it takes.
- Creamy Mango Ice Cream
- Dairy Free Cherry Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- 6 Green Ice Cream Ice Creams
- Coconut Ice Cream in a bag
- 1 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 medium orange
- 4 tbsp Sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Peel and section oranges. Lay flat on a tray and freeze until hardened.
- In a blender, add coconut milk and half of the frozen orange sections.
- Blend until smooth. Add the remaining oranges and continue blending.
- Add the sweetener of your choice (honey, powdered sugar, maple syrup) and vanilla extract.
- Pour into a freezer safe container and freeze until solid.
- When ready to serve, let it sit out for a few minutes to make it easier to scoop. Enjoy!