These crisp and fluffy waffles are made with whole wheat flour and fresh grated zucchini for a healthy breakfast kids love!
- Preheat waffle maker to 400°F.
- Grate the zucchini on the large holes of a box grater. Use a strainer or dishtowel to then squeeze some of the moisture out of the zucchini. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and sugar.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, and vanilla extract. Add the flour mixture and beat until smooth. Fold in the zucchini and mix well.
- Cook batter in waffle maker. Serve hot.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie