- 4 stalk green onion
- 1 medium bell pepper, yellow
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon ginger root, fresh
- 6 cup cabbage, shredded Napa
- 6 ounce rice noodles, dry
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 1/2 tablespoon vinegar, balsamic
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sweet red chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound turkey, ground
- 1 cup pineapple
- 2 medium kiwi
- Chop green onions, slice peppers, finely mince garlic and ginger, and julienne 1 pound napa cabbage.
- Cook noodles according to package instructions, rinse with cold water, drain and set aside.
- Mix together soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, cornstarch, water and hot chili-garlic sauce (samai oelek). Set aside.
- Heat wok or large saute pan over high heat, and add oil. When hot, add ground turkey. Stir-fry until browned, using spatula to break up pieces, about 2-3 minutes. Add green onions, bell peppers, garlic, and ginger and stir-fry 1 minute. Add cabbage and stir-fry 2 minutes until cabbage loses its raw taste but is still crisp.
- Add noodles and pour in sauce. Toss well until heated through.
- Chop pineapple, peel kiwi and chop. Toss fruit together and serve with meal.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie