White Bean Soup
A hearty classic tailor made for cold days. Don't forget to save and reheat for savory, delicious leftovers.Print Pin Rate
- 1 each chicken breast
- 1 small onion
- 1 medium bell pepper, green
- 5 clove garlic
- 8 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 4 cup navy beans, canned
- 1 each bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, fresh
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 slice, medium bread, Italian
- 2 cup grapes
- Heat a large stock pot over medium heat and add chicken. Cook until brown and cooked through.; remove chicken from pot, cool slightly, and shred or cube. Set aside.
- Chop onion and bell pepper and add to same stock pot, cooking for 5 minutes. Mince and add garlic, cooking for 1-2 minutes longer.
- Add stock, beans, herbs, spices, and cooked chicken. Stir together and then bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes. Remove bay leaf.
- Serve with Italian bread and grapes on the side.
Calories: 517kcal | Carbohydrates: 78g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 1128mg | Fiber: 15g | Sugar: 15g