- 1 cup whole mushrooms, brown, Italian, or Crimini
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large pita, whole wheat
- 1 ounce feta cheese crumbles
- 4 tablespoon Italian dressing, low fat
- 4 medium apple
- Slice mushrooms. Chop pepper and onion.
- Using a baking sheet, arrange mushrooms, peppers, and onions in a single layer. Drizzle with olive oil and salt.
- Place in oven using the high setting for broil, and place the oven rack a few inches from the heat source.
- Put vegetables in the oven and watch them carefully till they just begin to brown. Mix them periodically if necessary. Take out and let them cool slightly.
- Fill pita pockets with vegetables. Top with feta cheese and dressing. Serve with apples.
Calories: 351kcal | Carbohydrates: 68g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 836mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 25g