- 1 pound turkey, ground
- 2 ounce cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 medium lime
- 8 medium tortilla, whole wheat
- 2 2/3 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 medium tomato, red
- 2 medium apple
- Heat a medium sized skillet. Cook ground turkey until juices run clear and there are no traces of pink. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a large bowl thoroughly combine the cooked turkey, shredded cheese, 1-3 tablespoons of water, spices, and juice of 1 lime.
- On a large baking sheet (lined with foil for less mess) lay the tortillas out in one even layer. Depending on the size of your baking sheet you may need to bake these in two batches.
- Evenly distribute the meat mixture on top of the 8 tortillas and bake until cheese begins to brown, about 5-10 minutes.
- Squeeze the remaining ½ lime on top of the cooked tostadas and serve warm topped with sliced lettuce, diced avocado, tomatoes, and apples served on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie