Yes, you can make dinner in 90 seconds with this 90 Second Taco Soup Recipe!
I used to not care for blended soups. I never made them, and I never ate them. Until one day, during a demo for Blendtec blenders at Costco, I watched in amazement as the demonstrator added uncut veggies to the blender and made taco soup in seconds! I was hooked. I wanted (and convinced myself I needed) a blender!
I’ve always had regular blenders, and have successfully made taco soup in them, but I also pre-cooked all the veggies to make them soft enough to blend, and then cooked the soup before and after it was blended. The blenders only purpose was to mix the ingredients together as well as it could.
When I saw that you could skip the cutting and the cooking part, and I tasted the soup and it was just as good as the soup I’d been making with 10 steps, I knew I could do it at home. And, I finally bought one!
Other blended recipes we like besides taco soup
Since that day I finally convinced my husband I needed a high powered blender, I’ve blended thousands of foods. Besides this 90 Second Taco Soup I’ve tried:
- Nut and seed butter (like sesame seed butter, almond butter and peanut butter
- Smoothies– if you have tried smoothies in cheap blenders and high powered blenders, you know they are different! I had no idea how smooth I could make a smoothie, and how completely invisible the spinach could be!
- Slushies- an icy fruit drink! This is great in a good blender, where you can really get the ice to blend without turning to water! No sugar necessary.
- Ice Cream– frozen fruit, blended till it’s spoon thick, rather than drinkable like a smoothie, is so easy in a good blender.
- Popsicles– you can blend fruit smooth enough to add to a popsicle mold, and we have so many recipes we do this with!
- Hummus– I like blending those beans into the perfect dip, like hummus.
- Pesto- Basil plus oil blended together is a cost effective way to do pesto, especially if you grow your own basil (which grows so easily in a window sill!)
- Pizza sauce– after you cook tomatoes and veggies, we like to blend it into a sauce for pizza.
- Pancakes- these blender pancakes are so fluffy!
- Other soups- like butternut squash soup!
This soup is different though. How often can you actually make an entire dinner in the blender! Not only do all the veggies get pureed to perfection, but the Blendtec actually heats up the soup too! I’m not really sure how this happens, but it’s amazing!
Mix-ins or toppings for 90 Second Taco Soup
With all the veggies this blended soup can certainly stand alone, but if I’m making this for a filling dinner that I want everyone to enjoy, I almost always add some extra chunky ingredients for texture. After the soup is completely mixed, I will include:
- Cooked leftover chicken, or rotisserie chicken- this is a great dinner idea for leftover chicken! And it makes this taco soup even more balanced.
- Black beans- black beans are a great way to add protein and fiber, and they taste great in taco soup.
- Shredded cheese- because everything tastes better with cheese!
- Avocado- although we also add avocado to the blended soup for creaminess, we like some extra chunks on top!
- Tomato or salsa- this taco soup is already full of tomatoes, but if you love salsa, feel free to add more!
- Corn- so great for fiber and an extra bite of sweetness!
- Cilantro- extra cilantro for the top is great, but definitely cut it up into small pieces for the kids.
- Ground beef- if we didn’t use the chicken, sometimes I’ll add ground beef if I have some on hand.
- Other beans, like kidney beans- more fiber and deliciousness.
And then to top it off, we like sour cream and more cheese!
If you enjoy taco soup, save some time and energy and try this blender 90 second taco soup! You won’t be disappointed! Let us know if you try it and if you have more ideas for taco soup toppings and mix-ins!