- 4 medium sweet potato
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 2 stalk celery
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pound turkey, ground
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 14 1/2 ounce diced tomatoes, canned
- 6 ounce tomato paste, canned
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Wrap potatoes in foil and poke with a fork. Place on middle oven rack and bake for 45 minutes until soft.
- While potatoes bake, heat oil in a large skillet over medium. Chop onion, pepper, and celery, and mince garlic; add to skillet and sauté 4-5 minutes until tender.
- Add turkey, chili powder, cumin, and honey; stir to combine and cook for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes (liquid included) and tomato paste. Simmer on low for 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Cut potatoes down the center and add the meat and veggie mixture.
- Serve with blueberries on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie