- 3 medium sweet potato
- 1/2 medium onion
- 2 clove garlic
- 3 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 cup corn, frozen
- 15 ounce black beans, canned
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 14 1/2 ounce diced tomatoes, canned
- 1/2 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/2 medium lime
- 1 cup Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- 2 medium avocado
- 2 stalk green onion
- 2 medium peach
- Cube sweet potatoes, chop onion, mince garlic, and dice peppers; set corn out to thaw, and drain and rinse beans. Set all aside separately.
- Add oil to skillet and heat over medium-high. Add potatoes, cumin, and salt; cook for 5 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Add in onions, garlic, and peppers; cook for 3-4 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
- Add in beans and corn, and continue to cook another 2 minutes.
- Add in diced tomatoes and taco seasoning; stir to combine. Cook for 5 minutes over medium high heat, then reduce heat to low and simmer another 15 minutes or until potatoes have softened.
- Remove from heat and spritz with fresh-squeezed lime juice, then sprinkle cheese on top and allow it to melt.
- Meanwhile, slice avocados and peaches, and chop green onions.
- Serve potato mixture topped with avocado and onions as desired; serve peach slices on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie