- 8 slice bread, sprouted, whole grain
- 1/4 cup apple butter
- 2 medium pear
- 8 ounce Brie cheese
- 4 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup poppy seed dressing, light
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- Thinly slice pears and Brie; set aside. Heat skillet over medium.
- Spread 4 slices of bread with fruit butter. Top with pear slices and Brie and finally the remaining slices of bread. Spray the outsides of sandwich with a small amount of cooking spray. Cook each sandwich in the hot skillet, turning once to brown both sides and melt the cheese.
- Serve with a side salad of lettuce, dressing, and chopped pecans.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie