Sunflower Pumpkin Muffins
These wholesome, nutrient-rich muffins are a healthy sweet treat perfect for autumn holiday breakfasts.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 12 1 muffin
- 12 standard cupcake liners
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 3/4 cup pumpkin, canned
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup flour, whole wheat
- 3/4 cup oats, dry
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup sunflower seeds
- Line muffin pan with papers. Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In a medium bowl, combine egg, milk, and pumpkin puree. Add brown sugar and oil; mix well, then set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, spices and salt. Mix well.
- Add wet mixture to dry ingredients and fold to combine; avoid over-mixing. When batter begins to appear lumpy, gently fold in sunflower seeds.
- Pour batter into muffin cups until each is 3/4 full. Bake 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool before serving.
Calories: 207kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 97mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g