- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium bell pepper, green
- 1 stalk celery
- 2 clove garlic
- 15 ounce tomato sauce
- 14 1/2 ounce diced tomatoes, canned
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne or red pepper
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 medium orange
- Cook rice as directed on package; set aside covered.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat; add oil. Chop onion, bell pepper, and celery; toss into the skillet. Cook for 5-7 minutes, then mince garlic and add to skillet as well; cook for 1 minute longer, stirring frequently.
- Stir in sauce, tomatoes (do not drain), water, Worcestershire sauce, and cayenne (optional). Stir to combine and then bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, leave uncovered, and cook for 10-15 minutes. Stir occasionally as sauce thickens.
- Add peeled and deveined shrimp; cook for 2-4 minutes until shrimp are pink and curled up.
- Serve shrimp and veggies over rice with orange wedges on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie