- 1 medium onion
- 2 clove garlic
- 2 cup, shredded cabbage
- 4 ounces turkey bacon
- 2 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 cup diced tomatoes, canned
- 1 cup navy beans, canned
- 3 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese
- 3 cup grapes
- Begin by prepping your vegetables; dice onion, mince garlic, shred cabbage.
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat and add bacon (add enough for four servings as indicated on the package). Cook until it becomes crispy, approximately 4-5 minutes; crumble into smaller pieces.
- Add the chopped onions and shredded cabbage and cook until the onions become translucent; 3-4 minutes.
- Toss in the garlic, and Italian seasoning; cook for one minute then add the tomatoes with juices and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Finally, add the beans (liquid too!), broth, salt and pepper and allow to simmer. Continue to cook for 15 minutes.
- Serve with grapes on the side, and shred some cheese on top if desired.
Calories: 391kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 985mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 22g